Saturday, July 9, 2016

Let's Catch Up

Well....it's been awhile. A lot of life has happened since my last post. Mostly, normal full-time, working mom, wife stuff but a few other significant changes have happened as well. Many of you know that our oldest son lives in Hawaii. He made a choice over a year ago to take control of his life and has decided to make Hawaii his home. We miss him terribly but are so proud of him for living an honorable life in service to the Lord. We went to Hawaii right after Christmas 2015 and celebrated the New Year with him. Aloha 2016!! It was pretty sweet!
In other news, BougieRedneck, our second hand, resale shop became quite the hobby since 2014. We have seen, touched, moved and sold a bunch of "trash" that became someone's treasure.
Fast forward to now.... We are still handling vintage stuff, junk stuff, even some stuff that could be classified as trash but we love it. We love it so much that on July 7, 2016 I resigned from my job as a teacher to pursue a dream. Yeah, I dream of junk. Don't judge! Anyway, it's a leap of faith. I think I leaped so hard I pulled a muscle! There are moments that it feels tight and the pull tugging on my makes me a little anxious. But, greater than the stretching away from my comfort zone, the going against my own grain is God reminding me He is my provider, my protector and the ONE who orders my steps. Jeremiah 29:11 is one of my favorite verses. It was shared with me by a friend this week and I was again reminded that He is with me, His plans for me and my family are good and the future is full of hope. This journey is taking me very quickly from having a hope in this dream to stepping out in faith and making it a reality.
Your prayers, support and encouragement are appreciated because Y'ALL I'm technically unemployed. WHAT?!?!? Also, your presence and your purchasing skills are welcomed, too. You know, just keeping it real ;)
Until next time. Hopefully before Christmas.



1 comment:

  1. Good deal Chairty!! Now 8ll have another place to go now that I've retired. Junk is great stuff;)

    ReplyDelete