Friday, January 2, 2015

Happy New Year! The last couple of weeks of 2014 was full of Christmas, family, food, creativity and MESS. As I waited to take my Christmas stuff down and pack it away I was anxious to put a new plan into action. I acquired two trunks that are now in my living room. One is used as a coffee table, the other is between two overstuffed chairs. Up until this year, my Christmas decorations have been in my closet. Let me back up, I do not, I repeat DO NOT keep clothes in my closet. I keep them in my bathroom cabinets. I mean it's where I get ready, why wouldn't I?? Right? Right. Anyway, my closet has basically been a storage room and I was a little tired of it. Not because I wanted my clothes in there. I wanted a craft room. A place where my daughter could put ALL her craft things that are spread across multiple rooms in the house. She's a mini BougieRedneck ;) I wanted a place to keep those things, for us to go and create with them and shut the door. Simple, right?? Hmmm......not so much.
My plan was put into action on December 26th. I didn't waste any time!! As I carefully put the Christmas things away, I was excited that most every item fit in the two trunks, plus a few things in a small dresser I keep behind the front door. Like my closet, that dresser does not have clothes in it either.
Now on to the closet...to start with I put a folding narrow table to do our work on. On the shelving, I put all the supplies we had. Some things are stored in baskets to give in a more polished look (there's the bougie). I also have an over the door shoe hanger that I keep smaller items in the pockets. This is a huge space saver! Because there is no outlet in the closet, I ran an extension cord (there's the redneck) in there for the glue gun and anything I may need to plug in. Finally, to make the space extra special I hung up things from my kid's childhood that I had packed away. It really gives the space a special feel. Sometimes I just go in there and look. It makes me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment