Sunday, December 14, 2014

It's not real but I am....For Real.

When I decided to start this blog I really just wanted share my style and make others feel better about theirs. I'm a pretty real person even if the stuff that surrounds me isn't....... The following are just a few examples. 
We don't have real grass but I have multiple kinds of grasses that needs to be mowed. We don't have real pruned shrubs but we have some uneven box wood bushes that I would never dream of manicuring. We don't have a real white picket fence adorned with potted plants but we have a chained link fence with random metal signs hanging on it. We don't have a real dog but we have one of the "I felt sorry for him on the back of a truck in the Walmart parking lot" variety. We don't have real hardwood floors but we have some awesome vinyl flooring that looks like wood. We don't have real paintings or real handmade pottery decorating our home but Fred's has some amazing prints and ceramic knick knacks that do just fine. We don't have real fine furniture from Ethan Allen but we may have someone else's fine furniture from Ethan Allen. Habitat ROCKS!

I think being real, being transparent, being vulnerable is the most valuable gift you can give to yourself and those you encounter. No matter if the things that surround you are real or not, do yourself a favor and be real. You can be real bougie or real redneck or be BOTH, like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment