Sunday, December 14, 2014

Catching Fish

I have a small fish pond in my backyard. I got myself one of those kits for Mother's Day. It was no easy task digging what felt like a shallow grave. The hubs finally helped me finish it. Bless his heart. It took several weekends and more money than I anticipated to landscape it. Large rocks, small rocks, plants and gold fish (koi were way to pricey).
I posted several pictures to Facebook and found out I have a friend who also has a backyard pond. She told me she had a lot of fish and they were big! She offered me a few to add to my pond. Of course, I was thrilled and said yes. All I had to do was drive to her house to get them. Easy enough, huh?? Wrong!! 
I got to her house and went into her backyard. Her pond was pretty impressive and the fish were plenty and big just like she said. Well, she got a pool net for herself and she gave me one, too. Then the "fishing" began. Let's just say we were scooping, chasing and practically diving in to get them. Every time we would get close they would dart away. They were smarter than we were for sure! 
I think they felt sorry for us or just got tired because finally I got one of those orange finned fellows.....soon I had four. That was enough. I was tired.
I put them in a bucket, drove home and put them in their new home. They seem fine. They've all made friends and come to the surface for a visit when they hear the food shake open. 

Most things I like are a little bougie but always executed in classic redneck style. I mean fishing with a pool net?? Yep, there it is, just like this Bougieredneck likes it.

No comments:

Post a Comment